15.4.09

気持ち悪い

this snow fever is really causing a serious emotional break down in me. i was at the chinese hawker stall yesterday having dinner and i saw the ice being shredded by the ice machine to be made into ice kacang. the shredded iced looks exactly like the powder snow i missed so much. so much i'm dying to be there wherever mother nature intends to fill the ground with white paradise. after six freaking months away from the white paradise, not a single day i don't miss it. kinda like the longing for my japanese dream that has failed before me. it's really contagious. now i totally understand why my fellow japanese snowboarder friends i met in nz was so hyped about snowboarding every fucking single day. i was so against the thought of my then met close friends having them being so carefree and mellow about life. their life. may be back then i didn't really understand why and how they can be so relaxed and just leave everything and come snowboarding here for the whole season. by the end of the my first season in nz, i was a changed person. i had became mellowed, much carefree, as if i have became one of them. a true snowboarder. i was acknowledged by them as i have progressed to become a better rider than i was before. i don't know if it is a good thing to be mellow and carefree. it does affect my life in reality since i have been back in this hot and humid country. i dreamt of snowboarding ever so often just like how much i missed my current ex. this newly found love is so strange. it's totally different from my other love for sports. is deeper than i could ever thought possible. it makes my heart races everytime i think about it. nande? it's a longing to get back to ride. it's more than a need. its more like an obsession now. which is also one of the reason i'm back on skateboarding. of course skateboarding is nothing like riding powder but close enough since malaysia has no indoor ski dome for that matter. i am proud to be the only malaysian snowboarder which stayed for the whole season at mt hutt, nz. ever so often, i get mistaken for a japanese snowboader. it was okay, i was proud when i told them i'm from borneo and there is no snow back home and this being my first season on the snow slope : ) i still think i was a better snowboarder than a skateboarder. skateboarding tricks are not easy to master as compared to snowboarding. my most memorable moment was when i landed wrongly on the mt hutt third kicker and my knees banged into my face and as a result of that, i had a cut on my right eye as a present from last season. it was so funny, i didn't even felt any fear when i was in the air and i knew immediately i was not going to land this one but somehow i could feel my life just flashes through me but i wasn't afraid of dying. i knew i was going to land hard and badly. my goggles flew few metres away from my landing, my skullcandy was thrown from my head, my beanie too. it was the longest time air time i had experienced the whole season. almost like 3 seconds in the air...(trust me, 3 seconds was like forever) it felt good even when i was lying there on the landing and my face was bleeding and i was laughing when my friend came to see if i was okay...and according to my friends, no one had ever try the third kicker in their first riding season. it was a challenge and dare for myself. sometimes i would just popped tricks like frontside and backside 180 sometimes 270. not good enough for 360 yet. probably the most talented ground trick last season was nose press to butter backside 360, actually it was more like backside nose press to backside 270. if i ever go back to the slope again, i want to be able to hit the boxes and rails like pros. i can only 50-50 on boxes and rails. halfpipe was really hard too but i was blessed being able to try out the superpipe at snowpark in wanaka, nz. sometimes i see guys like marvin hitting the slope and secretly i put my hope and dreams in him. if i don't get to ride anymore, at least my dream lives through him. representing yo! i won't be surprised just may be someday he might be the first professional malaysian snowboarder in the world. it's really stoked to be able to ride whenever, wherever, doesn't matter if it's icey, slushy, powder, all that matters is you put your heart into it. this post goes out to all the snow lovers and riders out there. keep riding yo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been awhile since I last stalked u.. loads I've been missing out, need more time to digest all the wordings. And you start typing in Jappy now? ;)

4:58 PM  
Blogger calvism said...

cryst: how are you? haven't chat with you for a while too. just basic japs, i need to go for classes to improve the language.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home